Chris JollyMIDDLETON & UPSALL LLP
Chris Jolly has been a practising Solicitor for over 30 years, and a Partner in the West Country Legal Practice of Middleton & Upsall LLP.
He has gained a wealth of practical experience to add to his already advanced legal knowledge. He has always practised in Dispute Resolution, especially in the fields of Civil & Commercial Litigation, continually building on the successes obtained for his clients.
He is one of a minority of Solicitors who hold the qualification of “Solicitor Advocate (civil)” enabling him to appear in the Higher Civil Courts as an Advocate; and he often appears in Court conducting Trials in both the County Court and the High Court. As an experienced Advocate, he fully understands what needs to be “at your fingertips” so as to present a successful case in Court, and that knowledge transcends through his skilled preparation of a case in it’s early stages, enabling cases to be presented at their best so as to induce an early settlement; but equally creating the foundation to take it in to Court.
He is particularly skilled in negotiation, with a mix of direct talking, diplomacy, and common sense, underpinned by a determination to achieve a result. His advice to clients is clear cut.
Chris is also a qualified Mediator, and is regularly involved in Dispute Resolution by Mediation. He operates his Mediation service through Mediation Wiltshire & West Limited.
His specialist fields are:
- Professional Negligence, including Solicitors, Surveyors/Valuers, Accountants and some Clinical areas.
- Property Disputes, whether legal or equitable ownership issues, boundary disputes, rights of way issues, or occupiers liability.
- Inheritance issues – challenging Wills – claims against Estates
- Contract & Building disputes
- Personal Injury and other Negligence Claims
- Employment claims
- Landlord & Tenant
He is able to offer a range of funding alternatives, including (subject to a risk assessment) “no win – no fee arrangements”.
- on the roll of the Law Society
- a member of the Solicitors Professional Negligence Association
- a member of the Solicitors Association of Higher Court Advocates (SAHCA)
- a past president of the Gloucester & Wiltshire Incorporated Law Society.
- a Qualified Mediator through the London School of Mediation
Chris is a keen cook, collects fine wine, and undertakes a charity trek in most years in different parts of the world
Chris is a committed and long standing member of this group, which enhances the profile and public persona of members to the public and in particular the business community. In this way chris is able to reach others through personal recommendation, which is the most reliable and informative criteria any new client will look for when seeking to create a retainer with someone new to them.